Destination North Coast Digital Refresh Grant Program Applications Now Open!
The Digital Refresh Grant Program offers financial support to tourism businesses on the North Coast to either refresh an existing website or build a new one.
Given the growing number of travellers that start their holiday planning by researching online, a well-designed and maintained website is an essential tool to reach more customers and build a stronger brand.
If you’ve been holding off upgrading, redesigning or rebuilding your website, now is the time to start!
How Much Funding Is Available?
The program is funded through Destination North Coast and the Australian Government as part of the Recovery for Regional Tourism Grant.
The applicant can apply for one of the following grant funding amounts based on the following:
OPTION 1: $2,500 (exc GST) – the total project cost must be between $2,500 and $4,999 (exc GST)
OPTION 2: $5,000 (exc GST) – the total project cost must be $5,000 (exc GST) or over.
A financial co-contribution from applicants is not mandatory, however it is strongly encouraged and highly regarded in the assessment of applications.
Grant funding is highly competitive. The assessment panel will be reviewing many applications, so it is crucial that your application is clear and concise, meets eligibility criteria and addresses all of the stated criteria requirements
There is only one round of program funding available. Applicants must not begin or pay for the service, in part or full, without confirmation that the project grant funding has been approved.
What Does The Funding Cover
The digital technology or service must fall under one or more of the six priority areas:
- Website build or upgrade
- Design development: eg website design, web pages, mobile apps, social media integration
- Receiving payments or selling online
- Specialised digital technology and/or business specific software
- Digital business support*: eg digital planning, digital marketing strategy development and/or digital training and coaching
- Content development* eg copywriting support, photography and video creation for website use.
* A maximum of 50% of the total grant funds can be used for digital business support and/or content development.
The applicant must clearly demonstrate in their application how the proposed project product will significantly enhance digital capabilities and impact on the growth of the business (eg. assist the business to be more competitive).
A detailed quote from the supplier/s or consultant/s for the digital technology or service for which you are seeking funding will be required when submitting an application.
All projects must be completed by Friday 4th March 2022.
Who Can Apply And What Are The Eligibility Criteria?
All applicants need to meet eligibility criteria to be considered. To be eligible for this program, the business must:
- Be a tourism business in tourism sectors of Accommodation, Attractions, Tour Operators, Conference and Events, Transport Operators and Food and Beverage Businesses.
- Have an existing operating business with a physical and main business located on the North Coast and located within one of the Local Government Areas
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are undischarged bankrupt
All applications must be for an approved digital technology or service that falls under one or more of the six priority areas. Only one application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business for consideration.
|Applications Open||Thursday 2nd September, 2021|
|Applications Close||Friday 1st October, 2021 at 5pm.|
|Applicants notified||from Monday 11 October, 2021|
|Website Projects Completed||by Friday 4th March, 2022|