What is the Reboot Incentive Fund
The Reboot Incentive Fund will provide Event Managers the opportunity to secure funding from a pool of $100,000 to help offset “in destination” costs from prospective business events. This fund will help offset costs associated with holding an event on the North Coast. The project received grant funding from the Australia Government under the Recovery for Regional Tourism program, on initiative of the $1 billion Covid-19 Relief and Recovery Fund.
What level of funding is available?
Funding is available based on the following projected attendance for eligible business events:
- $5000 for up to 50 delegates
- $10,000 for up to 100 delegates
- $15,000 for up to 150 delegates
Valid for new business with events occurring before May 31, 2022.
Who can apply for funding?
The fund is open for expressions of interest from corporate event managers, professional conference organizers, government departments and is designed to support an increase in overnight visitation for the North Coast of NSW.
Who will administer the program?
Applicants are encouraged to complete an Expression of Interest application on the Destination North Coast, Business Events website. Destination North Coast’s Business Events Executives will reach out to applicants with a request for complete event briefs, budgets and an outline of how applicants intend to utilize funds and then recommendations will be made to a decision making panel to guide fair decisions on successful applicants.
Reboot Incentive Fund criteria
- Date of event to take place before 31 May 2022.
- Number of anticipated delegates and number of bed nights.
- Day of Week stay pattern and number of nights in region.
- Use of local produce, entertainment, venues, attractions and transport.
- Pre and post local conference touring elements.
- Local resources to deliver the conference or business event and any jobs (full time or part time) that might be created.
- Projects which have already been provided state or federal grants are not eligible for funding through the Reboot Incentive Fund.
Approved Use of Funds
Funds must be expended on activities that will establish the Event as a driver of visitation, deliver a superior visitor experience or raise the Event’s profile outside its immediate location.
Funds must be expended within the 14 Local Government areas of the North Coast region and used to help offset ‘in destination’ costs associated with holding an event on the North Coast. These costs include:
- Local Transport
- Food & Beverages
- Keynote Speakers & Entertainment
Not Approved Use of Funds
Funds cannot be used for out of region expenses if a similar service can be sourced in region. The costs that are not approved for use of funds include:
- Travel (International and Domestic Flights) – Transfers as part of the event schedule are permitted costs.
- Charitable groups
- Consultancy costs
- Prize money
- Staffing Costs and Salaries
- Council Fees
- Out of Region Contracts (ie: International Guest Speakers)
Terms and Conditions
For a complete copy of the Terms and Conditions of the Reboot Incentive Fund, please read the funding pro-forma agreement here.
How to Apply
Expressions of Interest must be submitted by completing an application at the following link.